englander nc30 install questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kwikrp

Feeling the Heat
Oct 21, 2008
SE Mass
my application is in a 2500 sq foot house. I have a 25 foot interior chimney lined with 8 X 8 clay flue. The manual says 6 inch flue will it still work, well? I know the best thing would be to install a liner but dont have the funds right now. Maybe buy the stove install this year and put liner in next year or year after.

You should be fine. The cross-sectional area of a 6" round liner is 28.4 sq in...
The cross-sectional area of your 8 x 8 tile with approximately 1" thick walls is about 36 sq in.
Go for it.

It's certainly not ideal, but it might work OK. You should have the chimney swept & inspected by a professional to identify any existing problems. You said nothing about just how you're going to connect the stove to the flue. It's a top exhaust stove...is it going to be a hearth stove installation (stove standing partially into the existing fireplace), or are you going to pipe it with 90's to get it to the flue? In any case, I'd think you want to install a blockoff plate. For optimum performance, of course, you need the full height liner. Rick

I had it swept this summer. The stove would be connected with a 90 or I will try 2 45's. No existing fireplace replacing an old smoke dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.