Englander not burning properly smoking out of vent

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bcutt65

Nov 25, 2010
Central NY
Hi everybody I'm new here and have a problem with my England Stove Works stove. I'm not sure of the model number but it is a 25-PDV 55-SHP22 or 55-TRP-22. It is the free standing model. Problem is that it will not burn slowly, smokes pretty good out of outside vent, will not burn below 3. Also is causing fairly strong odor in my basement. The stove is in basement, cold air from outside via 3" pipe, vented to outside with 3" pellet chimney pipe vertical about 3 1/2 feet and then out 4". All connections are sealed with aluminum tape. I've heard it may have something to do with the burn box. Augers seem to work fine as does fan. Stove is 12 years old but was well maintained. I'm not new to pellet stoves I also have a Breckwell upstairs that has served me well for 6 years now. Could sure use some help..it's getting cold up here in Panther Lake NY...thanks..bruce

Welcome to the forum Bruce....glad to have another pellet burner here.

As for the stove, it is a 25PDV....Englander makes these stoves for Home Depot & Lowes and just changes the model # to make it seem like they are "different", but they are the exact same stove.

Is this a stove you've had all these years, or a used unit you recently bought?

What brand pellets are you burning in it?

Have you gone through the Englander Tech support TroubleShooting online? Take a look:

www.englanderstoves.com/help/PelletStove/dirty_burn.html

hi bruce , check out the link imac gave ya (thanks imac) as im closed til friday , if no luck call my support line at 800-245-6489 8-5 friday or anytime next week , we'll get you up and running again

imacman said:
Welcome to the forum Bruce....glad to have another pellet burner here.

As for the stove, it is a 25PDV....Englander makes these stoves for Home Depot & Lowes and just changes the model # to make it seem like they are "different", but they are the exact same stove.

Is this a stove you've had all these years, or a used unit you recently bought?

What brand pellets are you burning in it?

Have you gone through the Englander Tech support TroubleShooting online? Take a look:

www.englanderstoves.com/help/PelletStove/dirty_burn.html

Hi IMAC. I just recently bought and installed this stove. I use "Lauzon 100% Hardwood Pellets", best I have ever burned in my Breckwell. I haven't gone through the tech support yet. I'm going to that link right now and I'll get back here with any results...thanks..bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.