Englander pdvc pellet eating machine

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisasst

Minister of Fire
Aug 13, 2008
cortland ny
Not really sure what is going on, but my pdvc is eating pellets like crazy, no matter the setting. I have a tstat on it, I usually set the stove at 9//9. I set my tstat to 75, which is only about 5 ft away from the stove. I usually fill the stove up at around 10 pm, I get up around 5 am and the hopper is over 3/4 empty.
Last night I fired up my other stove ( ef2) and ran both over night. So I know the temp did not drop below 75, so the tstat is not calling for heat. but yet once again the pdvc hopper is 3/4 gone.
The stove was extensively cleaned over the summer.
I have only been using barefoots and dry creek premiums. Also the window gets very dirty quickly.

With my EF2, I can go almost a full day on a bag of pellets.
IDK what is going on, but I don't likey.

wonder if we have a closed circuit on the stat would cause the unit to run at speed even if the stat is banked,

follow this test:( stove shut down to start this)

unplug the stove , plug back in , quickly after plugging in , press the LBA and AOT buttons together (2 fingers) and release.

the blower speed at this time should show a dash (-) in the readout at the top right if the stat is calling for heat.

after confirming that the stat is calling for heat, turn it way back to make it stop calling for heat and look for that dash oin theblower speed. it should no longer be there, turn the stat back up and it should re-appear.

if the dash does not go away you have your wires touching between the stat and the stove or somthing of that nature which is causing the stove to ignore the stat.

when I unplug it, and plug it back in, press the LBA and AOT together, what shows is an 8 in the heat range and a 5 in the blower speed. Then if I press the LBA again the dash shows up, I turn the tstat down, the dash goes away...Tstat back up, the dash reappears.

Right at the moment it is at 3, factory was 6. I been trying to adjust it to see what if anything makes a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.