Englander Pellet Burning Fireplace Insert Model # 25-EPI

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

23westwood

Apr 30, 2009
Westwood, MA
Home Depot has the Englander Insert model 25-EPI on sale for $1,919.20, (originally $2,399), with free shipping. I also have a $250-off discount code which will bring the price down to $1,669.20. This seems like a really good price to me. The stove has an efficiency rating of 78%. Will this qualify for the $1,500 tax credit?

Is anyone on here currently using this stove or does anyone have a review on it?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

This beautiful fireplace insert is the same great stove as our Evolution Pellet freestanding model, except that this model is made to fit into your (masonry or pre-fabricated zero-clearance) fireplace. It has the same great features, as well as the same clean burn as the freestanding model (Super-Clean Burn of 1.43 grams per hour, making it one of the Top 20 Cleanest E.P.A. Certified pellet stoves). This stove heats 2,000 sq. ft., powered by our Auto-Start One Touch Ignition and User-Friendly control board. A wall or remote thermostat can be connected, which will start-up and shut-down the unit automatically, as needed. The Easy-Clean firebox is also highly efficient, and an elegant, 3-panel door design (with window trim included!) provides an attractive, wrap-around view of the firebox. A 29 ¼ In. high x 40 In. wide fireplace cover (backplate) is included; the backplate trim kit is available as an option.

Heats 2,200 sq. ft.
Will work with masonry or zero clearance (Pre-Fabricated) fireplaces
Built-in variable speed blower system
Super-Clean Burn (1.43 grams/hr.): One of the Top 20-Cleanest E.P.A. Certified pellet stoves!
3" pellet vent, rear exhaust
Window trim included; optional trim available for backplate
Thermostat adaptable: Choose a wall or a remote thermostat to Start-Up and Shut-Down your unit automatically!
Limited warranty of 5 years on firebox and 1 year on electrical components
Hopper holds more than a bag of fuel
Outside Air Kit is included - Over $60 value!
Open, "Easy-Clean" firebox design
One-touch ignition is simple and safe!
Realistic brick fiberboard and custom-styled ceramic fiber log set
Elegant door design for attractive, "wrap-around" view of firebox.
E.P.A. Certified!
MFG Brand Name : Englander
MFG Model # : 25-EPI
MFG Part # : 25-EPI

Attachments

• 25-EPI.jpg
    25-EPI.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 1,221
23westwood said:
Home Depot has the Englander Insert model 25-EPI on sale for $1,919.20, (originally $2,399), with free shipping. I also have a $250-off discount code which will bring the price down to $1,669.20. This seems like a really good price to me. The stove has an efficiency rating of 78%. Will this qualify for the $1,500 tax credit?

Is anyone on here currently using this stove or does anyone have a review on it?

Yes, it qualifies for the tax credit. It's their newest stove design, and I haven't seen any negative reviews of it. That's a great price for a new stove, and with the tax credit, the cost will be under $1200.....you can't beat that!

Yes it will qualify. I do not think there is a stove sold today that will not.

Nice price, especially for an insert.

Don't forget your installation costs also apply toward that credit. If you do it yourself any pipe or special items you need to buy to get the job done. If you hire it our that entire cost counts.

Been burning mine 24-7 since November.

Way better design than their older insert (which I had for 3 years before buying this one). No real issues with mine so far. I'm a bit anal about cleaning & keep after it with my ash vac on a daily basis & clean the exhaust after every ton. Keep it clean & you'll be happy with it for the price. Englander tech support is the best in the business too.

Tom in Oh

Attachments

• zoey & the 25EPI.jpg
    zoey & the 25EPI.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 1,086
I've got the freestanding version of this stove. It's been terrific-tons of heat (haven't turned the oil furnace on yet this season!), easy to use, and very easy to clean. Good luck, and keep us posted!

Status
Not open for further replies.