Englander Pellet stove combustion motor programs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Gussie02

Nov 6, 2019
I have a Englander pellet stove 25pdv manfu- 2001. The last time we cleaned it and went to start it up. The combustion motor didn't want to start. It seemed liked it was seizing up. My husband tapped on it with a wrench and got it going. Is there anything we can do besides completely replacing it?

Turn the stove off and unplug it. Pull the wires from the combustion motor and remove the motor. Clean out the motor with a vacuum and brush. If you have an air compressor blow out the motor and lube the shaft. Replace the motor and it should work better. Your next step would be to replace the motor. You will need to replace the gasket when removing and reinstalling the motor especially if it is old.

Reactions: Ssyko
I see that you can just buy the combustion motor without the housing for cheaper. Is it ok to change it without getting the housing?

Sure. You may need a new fan blade the set screw doesn’t like to move after a couple years of moving smoke heat and ash.

I replaced mine last year from Pellet Parts for Less . They are Englander Parts house. It was like $90.00 motor and fan as a package.