Englander top auger "whine"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kdp7462

Jan 10, 2007
Hi All
I have an 06 Englander(the larger version). Recently, I have been hearing the "whine" of the top auger whenever it makes the revolutions. I can even hear it from the other room, about 20 ft away. I've never noticed this before, and I'm wondering if it might be an indication that the auger is going bad? I have replaced the lower 1 twice in the first couple of years of owning it. No problems with it since. Any ideas from the experts around here?

Our englanders will make a whining noise when the auger is forcing the pellets through. Normally, it may happen when a long pellet is caught between the augers. We have had one time each where the auger jammed and it had to be removed to clear it. At that point, they were whining continuously, but they weren't feeding pellets.

I would check for a jam or maybe a bad bearing?

Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.