Englander vacuum switch

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Smokinbubba

Burning Hunk
Nov 30, 2019
Central Ohio
Well, got dads shop pdv up and running. Replaced convection fan, ignitor, and vac switch from combustion housing and its hose. Stove still throws code e2 then goes to e1 and wont start. Bypassed vac switch and it burns perfect. Also lbt trick before first fire. So she is uber clean.
Question, if it has a bad gasket somewhere wouldnt that give me a lazy flame?? Sucking air. It has a tall wide crisp flame and pumps out good heat. No Oak yet but cant see how this would effect this error code. When i cover the outside air tube the flame goes crazy. Do I just have a bad switch? Its plugged into top port and wires are on C and NO. Conbustion fan is loud at startup but quiets down when up to temp.
Ths in advance, Bubba

Was the new vac switch installed before the LBT? If so, you may have damaged the diaphragm while cleaning.

It was but ive done it plenty on my other esw's without issue. The door was left open during the cleaning.

Its weird. The conbustion fan comes on, then slows down, picks back up then it shuts down.

Hose should be on the grey/white nipple. Most of the new switches only have 2 connectors. But the wires should be on -/0 and NO/+. Combustion motor should not vary in speed unless you change heat setting.

Crap, i put it on the black one!!. Knew i should have took a pic before disassembly. Thx Sir. Will have to switch it after work tomorrow. Had enough for today.

Moved hose to the white nipple. Stove fired right up! Thx SSYKO!!

;)