Englander vs Summers Heats vs TimberRidge

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikedsvt

Jul 31, 2008
Maine
These are all made by england stove works and to my knowledge to only real difference from a 30nc by englander and a 50-SNC30 BY Summers Heat (Home Depot vs. Lowes) is the brass trim for 30NC and the Nickel 50-SNC30.

Anyone else know of any difference?

I picked up a 50-SNC30 last night for 809.00 after price match plus 10% off @ Lowes.

Same stove, same company, different label. Good score on the stove.

mikedsvt said:
These are all made by england stove works and to my knowledge to only real difference from a 30nc by englander and a 50-SNC30 BY Summers Heat (Home Depot vs. Lowes) is the brass trim for 30NC and the Nickel 50-SNC30.

Anyone else know of any difference?

I picked up a 50-SNC30 last night for 809.00 after price match plus 10% off @ Lowes.

other than the trim package there is no difference in the stove at all.

it looks like a nice stove.is this the stove with the 3.5 cubic foot box?? what is the normal price?

jay3000 said:
johnnywarm said:
it looks like a nice stove.is this the stove with the 3.5 cubic foot box?? what is the normal price?

1299 at Home Depot..

That is if you order one through them. They include shipping in that price. The ones that will be in store stock will be less. One in store stock has already been reported here at $1,069 this year. We shall see.

BrotherBart said:
jay3000 said:
johnnywarm said:

1299 at Home Depot..

That is if you order one through them. They include shipping in that price. The ones that will be in store stock will be less. One in store stock has already been reported here at $1,069 this year. We shall see.

They don't stock them here. If you're lucky, you might see a 13nc..

jay3000 said:
They don't stock them here. If you're lucky, you might see a 13nc..

The same here but they always stocked the large Century stove and since CFM vaporized it will be interesting to see if the 30 takes its place this year.

thanks thats not a bad price.is this a better stove then say---drolet-osburn???

saw the big englander at home depot 999 the other day the next step down was 799. u in southern maine mike d?

The stove is 1099 at lowes 999 at the depot an 899 on AceHardwareOutlet.com

The manager matched the Ace price and their policy is to take 10% off the top after the match. It was the last one they had left and I convinced him the difference between lowes, hd and ace was nickel vs brass trim. And that the SummersHeat / Englander was all made by England Stove Works.

Rich81 - I live in central Maine and work in southern Maine. How about you?

mikedsvt said:
The stove is 1099 at lowes 999 at the depot an 899 on AceHardwareOutlet.com

The manager matched the Ace price and their policy is to take 10% off the top after the match. It was the last one they had left and I convinced him the difference between lowes, hd and ace was nickel vs brass trim. And that the SummersHeat / Englander was all made by England Stove Works.

Rich81 - I live in central Maine and work in southern Maine. How about you?

southern maine. work live and play! in the same place. thanks for the info on the price match with ace. i'm pretty much sold on an englander stove right now now its just a matter of figuring out cost for pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.