Englander warming our house and hearts.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty0844

Dec 7, 2009
Eastern Shore,Maryland
Here is my new Englander 13-NC. I got it in last Friday, the 18th. Timing couldn't have been better as it was starting to snow as we were connecting the pipe to the thimble.

I did miss one thing. When we got the stove going and closed the door the fire would all but go out. So after 1 very frustrating hour it dawned on me. I never closed the cleanout door under the house :) so after closing it she runs perfect.

Attachments

• 13-NC-1.jpg
    13-NC-1.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 954
  • 13-NC-2.jpg
    13-NC-2.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 826
  • Outside.jpg
    Outside.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 785
The stove looks great.

What a nice feeling to be warm and snug just as the weather starts getting nasty. Thanks for the good reminder about the cleanout door.

I like your tile color, it seems to be popular. We like our Englander as well. It only gets pine here in WY and does pretty well, holds the coals longer than I would have thought. Last wood stove owned was back in the early eighties with a Jotul clone from china, very different, and of course in WI I only burned hardwood Our learning curve on starting, loading and modulating the burn has been thankfully short. Hope you're as happy with yours as we are with ours.

Attachments

• Wood%20Stove%20installed%20001.jpg
    Wood%20Stove%20installed%20001.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 743
Looking good and great timing. I have to ask. Are you sure that is a 13-NC? It sure looks like a 12-FP.

Tag on the back says 13-ncc, 13-ncl, 13-ncp, 13-ncg so I hope so. 1200 sqft house and she will run you out of here. I never thought I'd ever hear my wife say "It's too hot in here" in December.

BB that looks just like my Summer's Heat 13nc so it better not be a 12. Otherwise I paid to much.

The reason I ask is that it sure looks like there is a damper in that flue collar, which is only on the 12, and the air control for quite a while on the 13 has been down under the ash lip. It used to be where that one is but not for a while now.

Are there three tubes with holes in the front of them in the top of the firebox under the baffle?

I have to agree with BB. The first picture has a damper and the intake air control is different. I think the 13 has an intake control the same place as my 30, above the ash drawer.

There is nothing on their website about it. This is a curious situation. I guess the sec burn tubes are the key. But why would they be selling the old design?

Mike, where are you? We need help

Perhaps england is outsourcing to china :cheese:

Ever buy t-shirts that vary in size even though the "tag size" is the same for all of'em ??

Let's hear it for QC !

older model 13-nc's had draft control above the door similar to the current 12-fp , however they did not have the flip damper in the flue collar, so if the stove does have the flip damper in it its certainly a 12-fp.

stoveguy2esw said:
older model 13-nc's had draft control above the door similar to the current 12-fp , however they did not have the flip damper in the flue collar, so if the stove does have the flip damper in it its certainly a 12-fp.

Scotty Is yours indeed a 13? If it is, I wonder how you got an older model if you just recently bought it. Where did you buy it? Just curious.

Sorry I've been so long getting back to you guys on this. What I have is in fact a 12-fp with a 13-nc tag on the back. After several phone calls to ESW and Lowes trying to sort this out, ESW is sending me a check for the difference. So this one will stay in my living room for the rest of this season and then it's getting moved to my sunroom and I'm getting a 13 for the living room. Sorry for the all the confusion.

Glad it is getting sorted out. I have been wondering.

Great eye BB you ol fart.
The question now is................. how did a 12 end up with a 13 plate on the back?

Hogwildz said:
Great eye BB you ol fart.
The question now is................. how did a 12 end up with a 13 plate on the back?

How did my first 30 get out the door with a warped stove body? How did the second get here with a flubbed weld in the secondary air manifold? How did all of the other crap we see here on the forum get out the door with the other manufacturers?

Don't get me started on stove maker's OC. We see this stuff all over the place. I mean hey, we set fires inside our houses in these things. >:-( It is like we said in aviation, you can't just pull over to the side of the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.