Englander zip code dealio

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanskills

Dec 16, 2011
Colorado
So if I understand this correctly...

To get the best deal on a nc-30 from hone depot I go to depots website and randomly enter in zip codes till I get the best price, order it, and they ship it to my house

That's how it works right?

Im not sure how tricking the location works. For what its worth I purchased a new wood stove recently. I was interested in purchasing an Englander 30NC but every Home Depot location I checked was selling them for $1,199 shipped. I ended up purchasing a Drolet Austral for less than $650 at Menards. Its an awesome stove and a great value, if you have any questions about the brand feel free to let me know. Sorry I can't be more help on the Home Depot issue...

A pic of my new stove. :coolsmile:

Attachments

• 02212012035 (2).jpg
    02212012035 (2).jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 1,457
Hmm I'll check ino that stove, I'm pretty set on the englander but I'm not going to pay full price for it.

I never heard of mernards, must be a local store for you guys,

Thanks for the info though, I'll check that stove out tonight

Vanskills said:
So if I understand this correctly...

To get the best deal on a nc-30 from hone depot I go to depots website and randomly enter in zip codes till I get the best price, order it, and they ship it to my house

That's how it works right?

I didn't enter random codes... the site will let you pick a radius from your "home" store. There was a lot of clicking involved... I found a 30 at the Home Cheapo 20 miles from my house for $1099, but 20 miles the other direction it was $899.

If you can't manage the home store trip, certainly wait a couple more months - then you'll start to see the prices drop at HD for the 30. Cheers!

Price dropped in March at my local store last year.

Enter 15301. $899 with shipping. If you wait, it may drop in a few months. It was $649 back in July.

Wait a week, guaranteed to drop, why? Because I just ordered a 30 for $899. I wanted to play the wait for the lowest price game but financially I could afford it now, no guarantees on that later.

n3pro said:
Wait a week, guaranteed to drop, why? Because I just ordered a 30 for $899. I wanted to play the wait for the lowest price game but financially I could afford it now, no guarantees on that later.

Congratulations. Waiting on install pics............ ;-P

The website for my local Home Depot has the 13-NCH for $1,049. In the store there is one on the shelf, in the sealed box, for $649.

Maybe they are getting a little wiser and only discounting the store stock?

KaptJaq

Can someone send me a pm of a nc 30 close to Denver on sale or the zip, appreciate it

Vanskills said:
Can someone send me a pm of a nc 30 close to Denver on sale or the zip, appreciate it

No need. If you buy online it will be shipped to you. You do not need to use a local store. I just used the zip I posted earlier and used a Boulder address. It worked fine.

I paid $599 + tax in December for my NC30 delivered across the threshold to the exact spot I needed. What a deal. It was 649 - 50 (major appliance discount sale). Just go to the store finder map and drag the map around till you find a low priced store. Got mine from Bristol, Va. Just checked and the price is still $649. Englander ships all stoves from their warehouse outside of Monroe, VA. Doesn't matter what your closest Home Depot is.

I was going to buy a Quad, but thanks to the forum, I found you cannot talk directly to the factory and must go thru the dealer. Love dealing direct and not having issues confused. The customer service is just as many have said here. My NC30 arrived with 2 broken fire bricks. I called customer service at 1:30 and the next day I had 4 bricks free complements of FedEx. I can buy 5 of these for the price of the Quad.

Thanks all for the info. I have been watching for the 30 to go on sale locally, it is at $899.00 in-store at this time. I just placed an online order from the Bristol, VA store and it was for $649.00 + tax w/free shipping. I hope that it goes thru that way.

Cut and paste this below in the store finder:

Bristol, Washington County, VA, 24202

It is 649.00 includews shipping!

PLAYS WITH FIRE said:
Cut and paste this below in the store finder:

Bristol, Washington County, VA, 24202

It is 649.00 includews shipping!

Nice. Still thinking about the 30 as a third stove. It would be so simple. So low maintenance. So easy to install since it would be delivered to my front door.

Yipeee! I just recieved order confirmation from home depot for the order of my nc-30 from Bristol, VA. It went thru for the $649 w/ free shipping. I am looking foward to getting rid of the boxwood smoke dragon as it consumes way to much wood.

plumberman57 said:
Yipeee! I just recieved order confirmation from home depot for the order of my nc-30 from Bristol, VA. It went thru for the $649 w/ free shipping. I am looking foward to getting rid of the boxwood smoke dragon as it consumes way to much wood.

How big is that boxwood and how long have you had it?

BrowningBAR said:
plumberman57 said:

It is a Volgelzang BX-42, i think it ia a 3 cu ft fire box. This is my second full season of heating with wood only. Last year i went thru 6 cords.

Still $1199 by me... >:-(

plumberman57 said:
BrowningBAR said:
plumberman57 said:

It is a Volgelzang BX-42, i think it ia a 3 cu ft fire box. This is my second full season of heating with wood only. Last year i went thru 6 cords.

Oh, hell, you should love the 30.

Ordered mine yesterday for the $650. Can't wait for it to get here. Might still have enough winter to break it in.

Does the Drolet Austral , Ethan got as it has the stainless steel baffle , does those stainless baffles work better than the tube type secondaries? I am kind of thinking the stainless steel baffle is an expensive feature and to get it for $650 must be a good deal. Plus I noticed its made of 5/16th steel as alot of other stoves use thinner 3/16 steel. I also looked at the parts replacement diagram and it shows a bypass damper that would be a nice feature as alot of stoves dont have that either.

The Drolet has a 5/16" top plate but the stove body is 3/16". I contacted them a few years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.