Englanger 25-pdc, soot in glass when running on low

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geek

Minister of Fire
Feb 28, 2008
Central CT
did a test and burned a bag of hardwood on low setting (heat 1- blower1) and the glass gets this black smoke soot, like a circle.

did another test running on higher setting, started at 3-5 and after a few hours changed to 1-2, the glass looks much cleaner without the black smoke so far after 7 hours burning the same type of pellets (Warm Front)...............

any reason???

This happened to me too as well as some clinkers, tech support had me adjust the low burn air setting higher, seems to be better now

pakrazee said:
This happened to me too as well as some clinkers, tech support had me adjust the low burn air setting higher, seems to be better now

Pakrazee, What did they recommend you change the settings to?

just curiosity, what brand of pellets are you burning?

I don't think this is related to the brand, almost sure, because it has happened with different brands to me.

currently burning Warm Front

I am burning Lignetics Hardwood. I have my trim settings at 4-3-1. It makes the glass dirtier, but I burn way less pellets. Thats my goal this time of year. I don't mind the dirty glass, if it means I am not burning unecessary pellets. Plus I don't want my house at 76 degrees.

Status
Not open for further replies.