Enviro Boston 1200 Freestanding

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kingquad

Minister of Fire
Nov 17, 2010
Pennsylvania
New fancy stove from Enviro. Would like to see it in the 1700 size. 1.8cuft firebox. 2.5 would be nice. White, Brown, and Black enamel being offered. Clearances suck compared to the Alderlea line though. Looks great though.

Attachments

• Enviro Boston FS.jpg
    Enviro Boston FS.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 912
Nice looking. Awful Photoshop job, though.

Reminds me of the T-Series from PE.

Nice looking stove.

kingquad said:
New fancy stove from Enviro. Would like to see it in the 1700 size. 1.8cuft firebox. 2.5 would be nice. White, Brown, and Black enamel being offered. Clearances suck compared to the Alderlea line though. Looks great though.

Nice looking stove king.. Did you buy one? Brown's right it does remind me of the T-5 the way the door looks..

Ray

Yeah I like Enviro. And they put the door handle on the proper side.

BrotherBart said:

You open your stove door standing up or sitting?

fossil said:
BrotherBart said:

You open your stove door standing up or sitting?

Yes.

raybonz said:
kingquad said:

Nice looking stove king.. Did you buy one? Brown's right it does remind me of the T-5 the way the door looks..

Ray
No, just a new stove that I saw. I do have an Enviro insert. If I were in the market for a free standing stove, I would definitely be looking very hard at the Enviro freestanding lineup. Problem with my current setup is that my house is kinda modern looking, and a plain steel stove doesn't really fit our setting. At least that's what the wife says. She does like the red PE spectrum though. So maybe I can wear her down in a few years. She's not real happy about my wood fence that I've started creating across our back yard. I figure I better get her used to that before I start pushing for an upstairs stove.

Thank heavens for my wife who thinks steel stoves and wood stacks are beautiful.

BrotherBart said:
Thank heavens for my wife who thinks steel stoves and wood stacks are beautiful.
Even if I get my wife to accept the wood stacks, I'll still end up with a red stove with a cracked firebox. :)

kingquad said:
BrotherBart said:
Even if I get my wife to accept the wood stacks, I'll still end up with a red stove with a cracked firebox. :)

Since it will be a "distress sale" we may need to talk about that 1700. :coolsmirk:

i bought the 1700 boston insert, It is pretty!, Cst iron surround and door and steel box. The door has to weigh 60 - 70 pounds, the cast iron is well constructed there no signs of divets or anything like that. I do wished the paint was more uniform. It appears like a grey metallic sometimes. I have only fired it once so far, there are no rattles or shakes to the fan, and the surround is pretty stable too

BrotherBart said:
kingquad said:
BrotherBart said:

Since it will be a "distress sale" we may need to talk about that 1700. :coolsmirk:
1700 stays in the man cave downstairs. Cracked red stove would go upstairs.

kingquad said:
1700 stays in the man cave downstairs. Cracked red stove would go upstairs.

Dang it. Another missed opportunity. I have told the story here before about trying to buy a 1700 insert and the dealer saying he didn't sell Enviro. And a long time after the 30 was installed and I had emailed Enviro he contacted me and said he would be glad to sell me one.

So sorry dealer. That 30-NC is in the fireplace and doing fine.

(Guy had a warehouse full of Buck Stoves he was trying to get rid of.)

kingquad said:
raybonz said:
kingquad said:

Ray
No, just a new stove that I saw. I do have an Enviro insert. If I were in the market for a free standing stove, I would definitely be looking very hard at the Enviro freestanding lineup. Problem with my current setup is that my house is kinda modern looking, and a plain steel stove doesn't really fit our setting. At least that's what the wife says. She does like the red PE spectrum though. So maybe I can wear her down in a few years. She's not real happy about my wood fence that I've started creating across our back yard. I figure I better get her used to that before I start pushing for an upstairs stove.

Just start buying stoves without telling her. What is she going to do, complain that she is too comfortable during the winter?

BrowningBAR said:
kingquad said:
raybonz said:
kingquad said:

Ray

Just start buying stoves without telling her. What is she going to do, complain that she is too comfortable during the winter?
I'm hoping that the $5000 spray foam insulation job I just had done in the attic negates the need for an upstairs stove. The Enviro could keep the upstairs at 70 degrees in the main parts of the house, but only when I was running it with a full load. That was when the attic was poorly insulated an leaky. It's completely sealed now, so we'll see.

I'd like to see Woodstock redesign the Keystone and Fireview with their newer burn technology in a few years. If they could improve their rear clearances a bit, then I'd give the Keystone a serious look. Wife likes the looks of it too. I've just got to many other things going on right now, and not enough money.

1700 model now available. Available in brown or black enamel. I like

Status
Not open for further replies.