enviro ef3 fireplace insert annual maintenance details

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohkeyman

Feb 14, 2011
western ME
does anyone have step by step instruction on how to disassemble my enviro ef3 insert for annual maintenance? Also, how can I clean the slots in piece 25, not the ones in piece 53
Thanks in advance,
ohkeydad

Hello

If this is of any help, I just cleaned the exhaust blower and convection blower on an EF2i.

Exhaust Blower
You buy a 6" round gasket before removing. The gaskets fall apart very easily.
Remove the nuts and unclip the wires and remove the fan
Vacuum inside the exhaust plenum
Use a small wire brush to really clean the blades.
Use a putty knife or razor blade knife to scrape under the fan blades.
Use Spray Graphite from the auto parts store to make the blades smooth and they will hold less dust and be easier to clean next time.
Put the new gasket on the bolts in the stove.
Mount the blower and screw the nuts on and clip the wires back. AC on the wires so it does not matter which is which.

Convection Blower
Remove the bolts and unclip the wires. Gasket can be reused.
Clean the dust off the squirrel cage blades with a cue tip and alcohol or MAV cleaner from the auto parts store.
Use Spray Graphite from the auto parts store to make the blades smooth and they will hold less dust and be easier to clean next time.
Mount blower and screw in bolts and clip wires back on. AC on the wires so it does not matter which is which.

Assure nuts and bolts are snug but do not over tighten.
Vacuum out the entire inside so you do not breath in the dust. That is the air that comes out of the heater tubes!

Good luck
See pics below
Click to Enlarge

Attachments

• EF2iExhaustFanSC.jpg
    EF2iExhaustFanSC.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 200
  • EF2iConvectionBlowerSC.jpg
    EF2iConvectionBlowerSC.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 206
Status
Not open for further replies.