Enviro EF3 Pellet Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hot Socks

Feb 5, 2008
Eastern Canada
Just installed. Keeps going out. Also too, the fan control doesn't seem to do anything. Even turning the fan off, it keeps running on high. Any ideas? Was really looking forward to being warm without the Saudis this winter!

Need more info
was this stove new or used?
If new have you talked to your dealer?

Does it go out after how many minutes?
What stops before it stopes working
Does it stop feeding pellets then the fire goes out then after about 30 minutes the stove shuts off?

Of does every thing just shut off and leaves a pile of pellets?

Thanks for replying.

It was brand new.

It runs for 15 minutes, then the pellets stop feeding and it goes out. The pellets in the burn pot are burned. the stove goes out immediately, not in 30 minutes.

Can you also tell me about aluminum tape that is used to connect the exhaust to the flue pipe? Should it melt? Ours appears to have done so. It is not cracked, but is melted.

Any help would be great.

Hot Socks said:
Thanks for replying.

It was brand new.

It runs for 15 minutes, then the pellets stop feeding and it goes out. The pellets in the burn pot are burned. the stove goes out immediately, not in 30 minutes.

Can you also tell me about aluminum tape that is used to connect the exhaust to the flue pipe? Should it melt? Ours appears to have done so. It is not cracked, but is melted.

Any help would be great.

Sounds like a the prof of fire switch (140 deg low limit )not connected or failed
Could be the wire just fell off
or a dealer robbed a part off the stove

There is a trouble shooting guide on our enviro parts page you can download.
http://www.hearthtools.com/enviro_pellet.htm

Hot Socks said:
Thanks for replying.

It was brand new.

Any help would be great.

That Aluminum tape shouldn't melt, could be flaking off. You should be able to peel it off and reapply new tape. Is it a new install?

Hi all,

Thanks for the input. Update, husband went back to dealer who advised to by pass the exhaust sensor. If the stove ran past the 15 minutes, then the exhaust sensor was bad (which it did) and he gave us a new one to replace it, which we have done.

As for the aluminum tape, it is a new install, but when returning to the dealer noticed that all their installs had heat resistant silicone, so we have redone ours with the same.

I will post back with the results. Hope this can help someone else. My husband wanted a Harmann, but I had read that their pellet insert had problems with extinguishing spontaneously. Did I make the wrong choice? At the time of making our choice I had read no problems with the EF3, just the Omega.

Back Again. EF3i ran like a charm last night. Could not BELIEVE the heat this thing gives off. We have an approx. 3500 sq. ft. split level (3 floor from main floor up) and this thing heated the whole house and WARM. No extra fans needed, the heat just went up and circulated everywhere by itself. I was amazed as many people with pellet stoves said we would get good heat in the room where it was installed and a little heat on the next level. I guess there are pellet stoves and then there are PELLET STOVES. I love love love my EF3. Why did we wait so long?!! Thanks everyone. This is a great forum!

Like I say, I love my insert, the priceless thing is being warm, and being able to not worry about paying so much for oil.

The EF3 is a solid stove. the only down fall is no thermostat
AND THE THERMOSTAT RETRO FIT IS A JOKE!

The Low limit switch is a very common part to go out on all brands of pellet stoves
we sell over 200 per year.

Things to Remember with that stove and you will be happy for years and years.

1) Clean the burn pot out as often as possible
and dont forget to put it in with the big ignitor hole to the back or it will not light.

2) Scrape the Heat exchange tubes scrapper Every time you shut it off when it is cold.

3) Be sure your ash pan is shut tight at all times

4) Do your yearly full service. Clean both blowers and all Ash traps out.

5) Do not run it on low for more than 12 hours at a time. Burn it off on high a few times a day
this will keep the heat exchange cleaner.

6) If the stove tends to go out when running the stove on the Lower settings
this is normal if you have consitanly longer pellets
because it will drop a few pellets then none for a minute then drop a bunch and smother the fire out.

Hi Rod,

Thanks for your latest posting, you are very knowledgeable and generous with your time on this forum. I'm printing it out to keep in the TV room as my husband and I are newbies with this stuff. If I was ever lucky enough to live in the Sierra mountains I would definitely buy my stove from you!! All the best.

Hot Socks

Status
Not open for further replies.