Enviro Empress FS Convection fan replacement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bclmread

Jan 11, 2008
NH
I've just ordered a replacement convection fan from Wood Heat Stoves & Solar (they are tops in my opinion...I've gotten to know them well...see below - parts replaced).

The high temp switch was tripped when I got home yesterday, so I went looking and the fan wasn't moving

It will be my third one. I had a tech come out and replace the last one...he says its very simple to do...just 4 screws and power connections.

Looking for any advice or suggestions on making this repair...

My parts tally for this stove is ridiculous in my opinion (2 exhaust blowers, 3 auger motors, 3 convection fans, burn pot, firebox liner (cracked)...in less than 5 seasons). I won't even run this stove on high anymore ...for fear of something else going...its been run on setting 3 of 5 this season...and still losing parts...grrrr

Sorry to hear that you've been going through motors at such a rate. My Enviro Mini probably uses different motors, but I've had no trouble in 5 years.

Wood Heat Stoves said:
bclmread said:
Anything you can do for my order placed yesterday? Order # 17435...

issuing 10% retro discount, thanks for the order!
Now that's a company with quality service. :coolsmile: :) :) :coolcheese:

Like I said...Wood Heat Stoves is a great company to deal with...

When I first started needing parts for my stove, I went to the dealer I bought the stove from... I think it was for something as simple as a burn pot. Of course, they don't stock anything (or so it seems), so they had to order it. About 3 weeks later, I stop bye the shop and ask about it. "Oh, they (being the distributor) never seem to send us the parts" is what I was told, and the dealer gave me a number to call at the distributor. I spoke with them, was told it was never ordered and had it 2 days later directly from the distributor. Cross my local dealer off the list for part suppliers...

I think I came across some posts on here by Wood Heat a while back, and Bruce helped me out with some questions. The next time I needed parts, I ordered through Wood Heat. They have a great email notification system about your order status. Parts show up when promised. And you can see above what they did for me today...and Dave even called me! Overall, in this day of online frauds and impostors, its refreshing to deal with a company that stands behind their product & service and seems interested in their customers!

Dave helped me identify a blower gasket I needed but I ended up grabbing it at the dealer due to time constraints. He earned my business and you can be rest assured I will be ordering my parts from him in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.