Enviro M55 Caste, Quadrafire Classic 1200 , Quadra fire Mt Vernon

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

twinsinpa

Nov 11, 2010
PA
Hey all
i have been doing alot of research and trying to decide between these 3 inserts. i have a bilevel 2000 sq ft home with insert being on lower level. i am interested in easy maintenance, quiet, dependable, and good heat output. i believe the mt vernon is a bit too much for my pocket but i included it here anyway because i do like it but its about $1000 more and i can't really go there. so i am now leaning toward the enviro m55. am i on the right track? any help would be appreciated.

oh yea - i also want a multi fuel stove - not just premium pellets.

I just installed my Enviro M55 cast insert. I did a lot of research also including seeing each stove in action. The Enviro is well thought out, quiet, powerful and has very easy maintenace since it rolls out on rails. Keep in mind that with the Quadrafire you are going to have to manhandle it to get it out of the wall for maintenance. These things are heavy and it's not easy. That was one reason why I went with the Enviro. However, it wasn't any cheaper than the Mt Vernon. Mine is next to my TV so quiet operation was a must. Also, I didn't like the "blank" look of the back panel behind the firepot of the CB1200i. It's just an ugly piece of steel. They do have a brick liner that you can buy, but it doesn't go up into the area you would see anyways. Thats my .02.
Flynfrfun

thanks flyin
hmmm tho - my quotes look about $1000 cheaper than the Mt Vernon - hopefully it is correct - really not prepared to go much higher. didn't know about the rollout. neat.
anyone else?

mine will also be next to the tv.

twinsinpa said:
what no help? come on guys!

Geez, 18 hours a day in front of screen isn't enough? :)

I'm still very happy with my Mt Vernon insert. It has been very dependable and looks great. Styling that my wife liked was a big factor in choosing it but I also like the fact that it is ultra simple for my wife to operate when I am not around. I'll concede that it is at the top of the price scale though.

Status
Not open for further replies.