Enviro M55 t-stat question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brianm58

Oct 18, 2010
Southeastern MA
I have a T-stat question for anyone with a M55. I have the standard Lux T-stat set up for the stove, but I don't think it's working properly. Maybe someone can clue me in. If I manually move it up or down the stove generates move or less heat accordingly. But if I set it, at say 70 & when the stove hits 70 it doesn't drop to a lower setting. It will keep the big flame & high blower setting. Before I make a pest of myself with my dealer was wondering if anyone else is seeing this problem? I'm thinking about changing the T-stat to a programable one or at least a digital one that might be more accurate. I'm sure the Lux is just an average T-stat, nothing fancy. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

the actual temp and the shut off temp are likely not the same. there a word for that differential...rheosta-something or other. The thermostat will probably try to overshoot by a few degrees before it goes into slow down mode. often you can adjust that difference on the back of the thermostat itself.

thanks. That's a start. Will try that after I clean it tonight.

What Delta-T just said is correct as far as the thermostat is concerned, the difference is also sometimes called swing. The stove will enter high mode when the temperature the t-stat sees is set point minus swing or lower and go to low mode or off when the t-stat sees set point plus swing or higher.

How your stove operates will depend upon the controller as well as the t-stat.

Status
Not open for further replies.