Enviro M55C-FPI

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

libirm

Jun 1, 2008
Long Island, NY
Greetings

I will post again just in case someone might have come this since the last time I posted the problem.

My stove will not allow me to adjust the temp., meaning moving the "HEAT LEVEL" up or down.

It is stuck on one.

I have replaced the daughter bd already and I think it my be time to replace the mother bd.

It is a expensive item so I just want to make sure I am not missing any thing before I purchase a new one.

Further- Any suggestions as to where to purchase a new Mother Bd?

Thank you

PB

So you have double checked all your wire connections? Maybe take a toothbrush and some electrical connection cleaning solution to the tab in the motherboard and gently brush away. Check your fuses, make sure no button is being stuck on pressed that doesn't let the level go up and down.

Look at the motherboard for burnouts, bulging parts.

Is a thermostat hooked up to it?

So you have double checked all your wire connections? Maybe take a toothbrush and some electrical connection cleaning solution to the tab in the motherboard and gently brush away. Check your fuses, make sure no button is being stuck on pressed that doesn't let the level go up and down.

Look at the motherboard for burnouts, bulging parts.

Is a thermostat hooked up to it?

Thanks Vinny- well check again, just in case.

No thermostat hooked up.

Do you have the manual
If not this one is good
TECHNICIANS manual from Enviro
see page 49

Also, does this model need the jumper wire in the thermostat contacts?