Enviro Milan Will Not Start

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BARTSFAM

Jan 21, 2009
Central MA
Hello All;

I think I did it now.

I just cleaned my Enviro Milan insert from stem to stern, and now it will not start!!!

When I press the "power" button, I hear "something" from deep inside "buzzing", but nothing else. No auger, no exhaust fan, no nothing.

The indicator lights do light up, and I can go up and down from setting #1 thru #5, but nothing happens.

Did I blow the mother board during vacuuming? The fuse on the board looks good. The reset button did not pop out, so I do not have to reset anything.

I also noticed a blinking yellow light on the motherboard, that I never noticed before. It could have always been on before, and I just did not notice.

Any suggestions???

Hello;

I fixed it myself. I knocked a big, chunky dust bunny back into the exhaust fan. The fan would not turn, and the rest of the proceeses would not work.

Once I cleaned out the fan, everything started up fine...

That's good to hear. How do you like your Milan overall? I'm thinking of getting the free standing version as a second stove for the second floor of our house.

Oops, never mind, I am thinking of getting the Empress. Sorry about that.

Hi;

Even though you may get the Empress, I want to tell you how great the customer service at Enviro is up in Canada. For a couple of problems, I bypassed my local dealer, and went right to them for the question. I emailed the first time and did not expect much, and a customer service rep. called me within 10 minutes. Enviro is a great company IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.