Enviro Mini flame height/feed rate

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hemlock

Feeling the Heat
May 6, 2009
east coast canada
Hello,
How high should the flame be on an Enviro Mini stove? On the medium setting (heat level 3), the flame rarely goes above the protruding portion of burn pot plate at the front. Is this how it should be? The stove puts out good heat. Just curious is all. Thanks.

my M55 gets different flame heights depending on the pellet brand i use. last winter at the end of the season, i was burning Infernos and thought something was wrong with my stove because of the small flames i was having.

Last week i put in some Andes pellets and the flame was flying high. it was beautiful.

having said that, it could also be your air intake setting. you have to play around with it and maybe get another Mini owner to chime in so you can compare notes.

Hello

See nice Enviro Mini vid on youtube

Hemlock,

What mode do you have the stove in? Should be in manual if your not using a stat. Auto/Off with a stat. If its in hi/lo without a stat or the stat temp is lower than actual room temp the stove is in lowest fire mode.

Not sure if this is the case but many have had this issue.

Thanks guys. I tweeked up the feed rate 1 notch, and it has seemed to make a huge difference. The stove is on the manual setting. Is there any harm in turning the feed rate up?

On another note - I've only run this stove a handful of times, but so far my impressions of it are that it is going to be a great little unit. It seems to throw the heat out despite its small size, and the automation of it is quite convenient. This is my first pellet stove, so I have nothing to compare it to, but it also seems to burn very efficiently. After a couple of bags, the burn pot is still almost empty of ash/clinkers. I still love buring cord wood, but this whole pellet stove thing has its merits.
I think there's a thermostat in my future.......

No harm in tweaking the feed rate(trim). This is for adjusting for different density fuels. A low density fuel will require an increase in feed trim and Higher density would require less feed trim.

Status
Not open for further replies.