Enviro Mini Igniter, how come no dealers stock it?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LI-Mini-Owner

Nov 22, 2007
Long Island, NY
Woke up to a cold house this morning to find the igniter burned out. This is my 7th season and the 2nd igniter to fail. I'm not griping, since I know the stove goes through lots of ignition cycles.

I flipped the switch from on/off to Hi/Low mode, hit it with the torch got it up and running.

For a replacement I figured I'd get one locally today, even though it may be a few more bucks than ordering on-line. I called 3 local dealers, and they all said replacement parts would have to be ordered. With that, I jumped on e-bay and ordered one, and should have in a few days.

Is it typical for dealers not to stock any parts? How on earth can they do timely repairs on the stoves they install?

Not an item that goes all that often. But yes they should have one, But doesn't mean they will! ;em

Your lucky it's cold. Manually lite it and go to high/low until the igniter arrives. If you need details on the manual lighting, I'd be glad to ablige?

Get 2

Cause enviro charges too much even to their dealers....

Yes, They are expensive. Many parts are unique and only fit Enviro like the Maxx blower(ouch). Don't see much of a break even on the net. After market stuff is scarce too. Never tried looking at Graingers for an igniter like imacman stated. Its possible. I have seen a few items hit eBay that save some.

What ya go for em Scott, Your one of the masters at part swapping?

Take your ignitor to a local Grainger. If you know the wattage, even better. They should be able to match it up. They have them listed as "cartridge heaters":

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/ca...uipment/hvac-and-refrigeration/ecatalog/N-kxl

Thanks for the tip imacman. I put the $146 Enviro OEM one in last week, and I'm up and running. Granger didn't appear to have 400W one the same diameter and length, but I did find one on http://www.omega.com/ppt/pptsc.asp?ref=CIR_12. I've ordered one as a backup at less than half the OEM price. Looks like I just need to grind of the welds on the flange from my dead OEM one, and tack the flange on one from Omega.

the reason we don't stock ignitors in our stove is cause Enviro alone has i think 4 differant current ignitors and in the last 6 years of selling 15 or more mini's (last 3 years we were top dealer for Enviro) i can only think of 4 ingitors i've sold. Bonus for me is that my distributor is 15min down the road and they usally have it in stock anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.