Enviro Mini won't ignite

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hemlock

Feeling the Heat
May 6, 2009
east coast canada
Hello,
Just tried to start the Mini and it will not light. It is only one year old. I removed the ignitor, and got a resistance of 36 ohms. Is this an acceptable resistance? What else could be the problem? Thanks.

Make sure your burn pot is tucked up firmly against the back of the burn chamber. The igniter tube should be right up to the burn grate as well. If there is too much of a gap then air isn't going through the pellets like it is supposed to. Yes 36 ohms of resistance is ok.

As Somkey suggested and MoutainSean. The airflow is probably affected. Whether its the pot and ignitor postion. Or the ash that has built up within the traps of the stove.

When was its last deap clean? How much fuel has been burned? And what does your cleaning entail?

As Somkey suggested and MoutainSean. The airflow is probably affected. Whether its the pot and ignitor postion. Or the ash that has built up within the traps of the stove.

When was its last deap clean? How much fuel has been burned? And what does your cleaning entail?

Hello,
Thanks for the suggestions. I've only put about a ton through it so far (warm winter). I usually clean it out once per week - scrape pot and vacuum out the insides of the firebox, etc. I'll se if maybe the ignitor tube has some ash in it.

We have flames. Cleaned out the ignitor tube and it fired right up. Perhaps during the last cleaning I got some ash in the tube. Thanks for the help everyone.

Reactions: DexterDay
Glad it was an easy fix. Our Mini wouldn't ignite, ignitor stayed cool during startup. Ordered and replaced ignitor, still cool.
Removed circuit board and found both power amps fried. Replaced circuit board and has worked since. It failed during
a gusty OR coast storm with the power flickering on and off. I suspect it repeatedly went into the ignition cycle after outages
lasting a second or two and fried the SSPA's. Stove is now on an UPS after repairs equalling a season's worth of pellets.
In hindsight I'd noticed that distinct burnt electronic component smell during the storm in the stove vicinity and it failed
to ignite at the next startup.

Make sure your burn pot is tucked up firmly against the back of the burn chamber. The igniter tube should be right up to the burn grate as well. If there is too much of a gap then air isn't going through the pellets like it is supposed to. Yes 36 ohms of resistance is ok.

X2, If the burn pot and the cradle is not hanging in there correctly in an Enviro it will not ignite the pellets. I have done that too!

Status
Not open for further replies.