Enviro Omega observation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Delta-T

Minister of Fire
Feb 27, 2008
NH
So, I've got the omega running here, going on a wee bit more than 3/4 ton through it so far without doing anything except wipe down the glass every week. Think I'm just gonna keep feeding it till it say "enough already!". I'm thoroughly impressed and totally sold on the whole agitator system the have going on. I'm very excited about the Maxx-M coming on line with the same set up. Kudos to Enviro for stepping up with this technology. That is all. Carry on people.

Nice write up Delta-T, But of coarse I would be just a wee bit biased here. ;-) Being a proud owner of one! I haven't pushed mine to what you have. Someday I might just let it eat till it doesn't start again. Coarse I'd cheat with some super clean burning pellets to get the max effect. :)

Keep us posted on how many she can go thru! Interested very much. What are you feeding it? Thanks!

steady diet of Cubex with a bit of Newp here and there....for fiber, you know. Like the Wonkatania......this thing shows no signs of slowing.

Just remember, you Omega-ites, my poor old Englander is going on now for 7 1/2 weeks and 36 bags of mostly Rocky Mtn (mediocre) pellets. You guys need to step up to the plate with something besides the best of the best pellets. I hear claims that "the Omega will burn anything".

At the rate I'm going, if I was burning Cubex I wouldn't plan on cleaning the stove till January. :lol:

Pete we already bow to you and the "little" Englander that could! Impressive=much! :)

Don't make me quit testing and remember "he who owns biggest ash pan wins!" ;-P

imacman said:
Just remember, you Omega-ites, my poor old Englander is going on now for 7 1/2 weeks and 36 bags of mostly Rocky Mtn (mediocre) pellets. You guys need to step up to the plate with something besides the best of the best pellets. I hear claims that "the Omega will burn anything".

At the rate I'm going, if I was burning Cubex I wouldn't plan on cleaning the stove till January. :lol:

for clarity, I'm traditionally a Harmanite....but the Omega is really impressing me, so I figured I'd toot its horn. I just can't bring myself to burning what I know to be poor pellets....just cant do it....like 1/2 gallons of rum in a plastic bottle...just cant do it. I truly believe that stoves (of all kinds)that are set up well, and treated well, can compete on an even playing field. Big ash pan never hurts.

Delta-T said:
.... Big ash pan never hurts.

Yes, but I understand that Pete dug a hole below his little Englander and had it lined with with welded steel plate. Now we have all heard of hopper extension but he has the only as* pan extension as far as I know ;-) .

*jinx* dag nabbit!! 3rd light blinky.....pellets hung up on the screen in the hopper.....stove shut down. I gave it a lil tippity tap tap, tap-a-roo and the pellets fell past the screen. Pushed Go and off we are again......the saga continues....heading for 1 ton soon. Whoever sabotaged me....stop it, its not nice...and I'm a scorpio....we invented revenge <sinister laugh here>.

delta, That dang screen didn't last a week in my beast. The 3rd hang up it was pulled. Its only held in with some silicone on the corners. I am pretty sure most Omega owner couldn't take that thing. Was pretty cool when I had the first hang up. I tapped the side of the stove and it sounded like glass breaking. Scratched the head and said "what the H*ll was that" It was much worse with long pellets in the mix. I took it until I woke up cold one morning. Trust me I don't miss it nor does the stove!

I'm feelin that J, blaster hopper is full to the brim right now. I'm sure I'll be able to say "screen? what screen? theres no screen for that, move along people" soon enough.

I did enjoy the "breaking glass" sound you described, and I agree, it does sound like a bag of glass shards in there, weird.

What screen are you talking about j-Takeman? I have not seen it and so far so good this week with the new Omega. I love the heat and it would take a ton or two to fill the ash pan with the Turman pellets I am using.

Treadmillman said:
What screen are you talking about j-Takeman? I have not seen it and so far so good this week with the new Omega. I love the heat and it would take a ton or two to fill the ash pan with the Turman pellets I am using.

Its just a flat plate that is in the hopper. It was supposed to help keep long pellets from dropping into the auger area. Some later models may not have it? Open the hopper with low pellets and it should keep you from touching the bottom. The flat plate has 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" square holes in it. It would be nice to know if yours does or doesn't have it in there? Just fyi for us!

Status
Not open for further replies.