Enviro Pellet stove EF3 cleaning questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohkeyman

Feb 14, 2011
western ME
The top of Enviro Pellet stove, model EF3, fireplace insert, stovetop piece 23, has a grill (decorative trivet) pc. 53. When loading pellets, often small pieces fall through the trivet.
When the stove is running hot, these pellet pieces and or dust create a burning smell.
How do I clean out that area under the trivet?????? Can the trivet be removed or do I have to dis-assemble the whole insert stove top?
Ohkeyman

Just take a fork if hot, fingernails if not, pop it right out.I assume it looks something like the one in my Enviro EF-III Free standing.Glad you mentioned it, as you can tell i never cleaned mine out yet this winter,lol.Dang house keeper, He's FIRED" , Hold it, thats me....
BTW I call that the Mitten Dryer,lol not sure if its got a real name, but thats close enough for me...

Attachments

• tn_P1000247.jpg
    tn_P1000247.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 1,201
  • tn_P1000248.jpg
    tn_P1000248.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 757
Thanks for the quick and accurate response. My top was a little tight and a fork was bending it. A burger lifter on the end worked great.

I have a similar drop in/pull out panel on my EF-2

What the heck is it for?
If strictly decorative why?
Is it available in a gold trim? Again...why?

Seems to me something could be rigged up on that plate to pull off some more heat.

EcoFan or similar?

It is the top of the heat exchangers/firebox after all.

Curious on the Cape,
---Nailer---

smwilliamson said:
Burger lifter??

I'm guessing a spatula...if I'm wrong...I want a Burger Lifter, sounds too cool to pass up.

Status
Not open for further replies.