Enviro, Regency or Lennox?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RobG6769

Aug 8, 2012
Ok, working on an alcove install and have clearance enough for many stoves. The three 'mediums' I have honed in on are:

Enviro Kodiak 1700
Regency S2400
Lennox Country ST210

These are the only stoves that are in my specs and price range at +/- 2k in my area. Does anyone have any input or recommendation on these? I like the Enviro as it has a large viewing area. Very impressed with strength of the Lennox. Regency is the more expensive (why?) Maybe I have been hard sold, but of two dealers, one sells all Lennox, and teh other sells Lopi, Regency, PE and Enviro.

I appreciate any pointers! and am very new to the wood stove arena..

They are all good stoves. Get the one you like the best.

Good choice, that is a nice stove. Congratulations. Keep us posted and be sure to take lots of pictures.

I got the Enviro 1200 back in march. It replaced an old VC acclaim and that was my first season ever with any wood stove. I didn't chime in as I don't have much time running the new stove. Maybe we'll compare notes over the next season.

Hello Rob- Burn the Kodiak 1700 myself, I sell them, I love them. Here in CT Enviro is more known for their pellet stoves, I'm trying to change that. The 1700 replaced a Jotul Oslo (which I loved too, but the steel stove is much quicker to heat up, and the burn is absolutely beautiful, as I thought the Oslo was too), which was a tall order I thought. I no longer sold Jotul (territorial issue, not because we didn't want Jotul) so I thought burning what I sold was the right answer. I'm not a huge VC fan, so I opted for the Kodiak. Long beautiful burn times (easily 8-10 hours heating a 1600 sqft ranch along with my other pellet stoves idling along) clean burn, clean glass, a joy to use. I think you made a great choice. Good dry wood and the stove will do the rest. Good luck.

Stovelark
Enviro EF3 FS pellet
Enviro Empress FPI AC pellet
Enviro Kodiak 1700 FS wood

Congratulations. I had the Kodiak insert and it was awesome. I think you're going to be really happy with it. Please post some pics. There arent to many pics of this stove out there

Status
Not open for further replies.