Enviro Venice 1700 w/Picture

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Murphy2000

Mar 14, 2007
www.murphysmachines.com
Purchased and installed back in December but it took almost a month to work out some unfinished details.

The new unit had to have the blower fan replaced because it was making a rattling noise. Warranty replacement took a couple weeks but I was able to heat with it while I was waiting.

The biggest issue was that my zero clearance fireplace has a flue that was to far back for the Enviro Venice 1700 to hook up to and still be flush with the brick face. In order to get the connection to the new flue pipe liner, the insert had to sit back about two inches beyond what it was supposed to. While not a functional problem, this meant that the surround metal would no longer fit.

The installer had a custom sheet metal guy come out and make a one-of-a-kind surround piece for it using a CNC plasma cutter and box break. It was sandblasted and painted with 1200 degree flat black.
He had to show up at the house here 4 times to get it to fit correctly.

They didn't charge me a penny more than the original quote. In fact, I got away a couple hundred cheaper because I only required 12 feet of flue pipe rather than the 15 feet and a few other parts that I didn't need.

Unit was purchased at, and installed by Southeastern Heatmor. ( seheatmor.com )

My home is a brick ranch about 1500 square feet (michigan) and I am able to keep the house at around 67 to 72 degree's with normal mid-fire burning. I can get it hotter if I want. I have not turned on my normal furnace since it was installed.

Attachments

• Enviro Venice 1700.jpg
    Enviro Venice 1700.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 772
Good to hear it is working well for you. That's a handsome insert.

Status
Not open for further replies.