Enviro Windsor higher settings

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gyingling

Aug 13, 2010
south central PA
My Enviro Windsor is rated to heat about 1800 sq ft. Now that colder weather has set in, I am finding the need to turn it up a bit. It belches heat like a champ, but it makes me a little nervous running it at medium high for days on end, shutting down only to clean out every couple days. Are these stoves designed to run on the higher end of the heat range for extended periods? Am I expecting too much from it, I know that it is really a space heater, not a furnace?

As long as you keeping it clean and not hitting the high limit(over fire) switch. It should be fine. I would only worry if it was maxed on the highest setting for days on end.

I play with different pellets in the cold to keep mine on medium heat. I am burning Turmans right now. A bit colder and I will throw in the tad higher heat Hamers or Cubex to keep my stove on the medium setting. You can adjust it with the heat range or with different pellets. What pellet brand are you using right now?

j-takeman said:
As long as you keeping it clean and not hitting the high limit(over fire) switch. It should be fine. I would only worry if it was maxed on the highest setting for days on end.

I play with different pellets in the cold to keep mine on medium heat. I am burning Turmans right now. A bit colder and I will throw in the tad higher heat Hamers or Cubex to keep my stove on the medium setting. You can adjust it with the heat range or with different pellets. What pellet brand are you using right now?

I think I am diligent about keeping the stove clean. I'm looking for every last BTU. I did run it on high for a day or so, but damn that seems way too hot.

I started the season with some C.C. Smith Lumber pellets from Summerhill, PA, which was a very nice pellet. Next I had alot of Juniatas which my stove did not like, had to run hotter to keep them from overflowing the burnpot. I would use a bag or the others and Greenways every couple bags or so to make sure that it was the pellets that were not good and not something with the stove. I am now using Greene Team that burn nice and hot. Medium is my ideal setting, that I like the best.

The brands of pellets that I see you use, I haven't seen around my area. woodpellets.com might be a place to source brands not local to me, but they'll only deliver 20 tons to my area, no less. I'm not looking to store or finance a thousand bags of pellets. Thanks for the reply, Happy Holidays.

Status
Not open for further replies.