Envirofire EF-3 green light blinking instead of flashing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

patpatpat

Dec 6, 2010
PA
First off, thank you to everyone on these forums. As a newbie to the world of pellet stoves, the information contained in these forums has been invaluable, and I greatly appreciate your time.

I bought a house last summer that came with an Envirofire EF3. Before I used the stove for the first time, I followed the guides on this website to take it apart and clean it. It worked great last winter, and we loved the ambience and heat that the stove provided. It had an intermittent issue last year, however. About once every week or two, the auger would stop turning. The green light on the "dial-o-fire," which usually lights for 1 second when the auger turns, would just flash on for a fraction of a second and shut off. The light still turns on every few seconds, depending on the position of the dial-o-fire knob, but instead of staying lit for a full second and moving the auger, it just blinks and the auger won't turn. When this happens, since there aren't any pellets moving, the fire burns itself out in a few minutes. On some occasions, however, a few minutes after the light started to blink, and the fire was about to go out, the problem would correct itself, and the light would go back to flashing like normal and the auger would turn, and everything would be fine. After reading some suggestions on this forum, I took the stove apart and used a can of compressed air to clean the vacuum tube, but that didn't seem to make any difference. As I said, this only happened every week or two, and while it was an annoyance, all I needed to do was wait an hour and restart the stove, and everything was back to normal.

Fast forward to this year, and now the problem is no longer intermittent. When I start the stove, everything works perfectly for about twenty minutes, and then the green light starts to blink instead of flash for a second, and the auger stops, and the fire goes out. This now happens every single time. Unfortunately, I simply don't have the money to hire a technician, therefore it's up to me and the good samaritans on this forum to fix this.

Thanks in advance for all your help, and BRRRRRRRRRR!!!

I believe that page 25 item 6 in your installation manual speaks to the causes for auger related items.

I would try replacing the proof of fire snap disc. Check the stove schematic and look for a sensor on the exhaust blower and replace it.
You can also check to see if it works by holding a lighter under it while holding the disc and see if you feel it click. After it cools it should click again, if not it is faulty.

You could also tell us exactly how you clean your stove and if that cleaning involved cleaning the barb on the stove that the vacuum line attaches too and if you cleaned the area behind the proof of fire (low limit) snap disc. Be certain that when ever you play with a snap disc that power is off, the stove cold, and unplugged.

Status
Not open for further replies.