EPA clarification

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Graham

Jan 5, 2008
ontario
I know I asked this some were else on here but I cant remember were so here it goes. What is a Epa white tag or yellow tag mean? Does it mean a certain percentage of efficency, Eg 70% or 80%. Is there a Site were you can see the actual tags that are installed on the furnace, so I could get numbers for a comparision.

so it doesnt mean the furnaces are 70% efficenint but that they are 70% more effiecent than what exactly? To me the certification doesn't tell you much, It would be nice if it said that furnace X was 70% efficent and that stove Y was 68%. That way it would be easier to compare them.

Status
Not open for further replies.