EPA

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alternative Fuel Boilers is the Econoburn. It is listed.
http://www.alternativefuelboilers.com/

There is something called Bioheat Resouces listed as well:
BH500
Eco
Energy

...but the link is broken so you can't see what it is. I had heard that Econoburn was the only EPA listed gasser... I hope that info helps.

until recently, indoor boilers were not included in any EPA test protocol or requirement. They are now specifically mentioned in the outdoor wood boiler protocol, but that remains a voluntary program. The OWB protocol is not appropriate for a gasifier and testing is very expensive. As well, new test standards and protocols are in the works so it just makes sense to wait until there is an appropriate test that will be in place for a long time. And yes, despite all of this, it is pretty ironic that the cleanest burning appliances are not on the EPA list. As you may guess, EPA has really only reacted to problem children (woodstoves of the 1970's and '80's and OWB today). The new standards will address ALL solid fuel burning equipment as I understand it.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.