Error Message ‘Hopper Open’ Vicenza 3.4 Pellet Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Snugharbor

Oct 21, 2018
Connecticut
Hi,

I’m new to this forum, but not new to pellet stoves. After owning an Austroflamm for
24 years we replaced it with a Vicenza 3.4.
These stoves are imported from Italy and distributed by Napoleon in Canada.
We prefer a modern aesthetic:)

We’re starting to have issues with a ‘hopper open’ error message. This unit’s
hopper lid seals tight, so if a stray pellet is on the rim, the stove gives this message.
However, we’re finding we’re getting this message when we try to fill the hopper
while the stove is running, or hot, but there’s nothing blocking the seal.
We have to fill the stove full while stone cold and run it empty.

This method is okay for fall, but come winter this won’t fly. I need to be able to refill the
hopper regardless of the stove’s condition, especially since it’s a small stove and the
hopper only holds 37 lbs.

Any thoughts on this? All help is greatly appreciated.

Had the same issue with my Ravelli Francesca, The best solution I found was to dump pellets into a container and scoop the pellets into the stove closing the hopper lid between scoops. The other benefit to that method is that it cuts down on fines going into the stove because most of them settle to the bottom of the container which can just be dumped out.

No got the Harman for the bigger hopper so pellets can be my primary heat.

Hello
You could also bypass the sensor by jumping it out. That would really solve the problem!

contact the factory, there is a fan setting which makes this go away, it has to do with the safety systems. We had to increase the fan setting twice, but we live in high wind aea. I think it ha to do with chimney and pressure change from cross wind.