Estey electronic organ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pybyr

Minister of Fire
Jun 3, 2008
Adamant, VT 05640
Hello all--

The latest item to hop in the back of my truck and follow me home (it was free) is a circa 1960s Estey electronic organ.

Estey was a famous organ manufacturer (now defunct) centered in Brattleboro VT. This unit has a Torrance, Calif. address on the back.

It works fine, other than that some of the functions such as tremelo are under-stated, and my 12 year old son is having fun with it.

I've tried googling, but can only find info on the 'real' Estey organs.

Can anyone fill me in on where this unit fits in the taxonomy of the Estey Co? Or a lead to a manual or a schematic diagram?

Thanks'

Got a model # or at least a description? Is it a reed organ, or electronic?

I've got one also.. Probably about the same age. Estey Electronic Organ, Model 851, Serial #1335. It has a California address on it also. It is all electronic and uses vacuum tubes. There are a total of 32 tubes in this organ and all but 2 are Telefunken tubes, (which are very high quality and very rare) the others are GE tubes. It has 2 keyboards also. It doesn't work quite right.. Almost seems like some of the keys are out of tune.. Is there any info available on this organ? Is it worth fixing or should I just part it out? (The tubes alone are worth a small fortune..) Any info would be appreciated as I know next to nothing about this organ..
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.