eureka pellet stove moment-left ash plug out

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pete324rocket

Feeling the Heat
Nov 11, 2007
albert county, new brunswick
I have an eco-45 by drolet - I know there doesn't appear to be too many others with this stove unfortunately,but I noticed from the very beginning that the draft control lacked any fine adjustment and for the most part,seemed to have way too much draft.I reasoned that with a short run of pellet pipe into a new stainless lined chimney might be the reason.
Well mistakes can be the mother of invention because I just cleaned the stove and forgot to put the ash plug back in -it plugs a hole that leads to the ash pan below.Now I have total control over the fire-especially on the low setting where I could never get much of a flame. Now I 'm pretty sure that its not supposed to be run this way and theres no mention in the owners manual about this-do you suppose maybe it should be left out and I'm just a dummy? I'm trying it out to see how it performs.We've gone thru 60 bags of pellets so far-I was hoping for less-maybe this discovery will cut that a bit. pete

I have the smaller version of that stove, the ECO-35 and was very curious as to where and what is supposed to happen with that plug exactly. So I just left it in, I haven't used the ash drawer, instead I just vacuum.

good to hear from another drolet owner - I came to the conclusion that the ash plug was meant to stay in to keep the stove running clean by comparison without using it.Hope you are having good luck with your stove.pete

Status
Not open for further replies.