Eureka Premium Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

heb80

Feb 14, 2008
Harrisburg, PA
I searched and found a few opinions on Eureka Premium Pellets.... some good, some bad.

The local Home Depot just got a load in and so I was just curious if anyone has some more recent reviews/opinions of these.

I just bought a bag the other day to try out and I'm currently running it. Wasn't expecting much based on previous posts but I have to say that this was easily one of the best burning pellets I've ever burned. Very little fluffy ash and good heat. The pellets sort of smell like plywood. If these pellets were cheap ($220) range I would not even hesitate to purchase a ton for next year. At $299 at the local HD, I'll take a gamble at lower summer pricing at my current supplier (Cozy Barn in Wind Gap). Just my $.02

I just bought a metric ton last month. The best pellet I've used... fir is a great wood and makes a good pellet.

No fines...little ash. I was using Uncle Jed's ponderosa pine pellets... and they are very good... but these are better.

I paid $291.00 for 60 bags... the UJ's are $231.00 for 60. Easily worth the difference but next year I may mix 'em 50/50 and try that. We'll see what the early buy price is.

I got 4 bags to try at Lowes for 5.04 a bag. I had no problem with them.

I quit buying them. Burned great in my old Traeger. Produced alot of clinkers and heavy ash in my Accentra.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.