Europa 75 Rattles and now i know why!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Winstar

Oct 20, 2009
[email protected]
This is my second season using my pellet stove. It got real noisy at the end of last season and now i know why. After using it once this year it was so noisy I had to shut it down.
Well after pulling several panel's undoing several pc board connectors and clipping off several cable ties i finally got the convection fan out. Turns out the stupid "PLASTIC" squirrel cage is totally warped out of shape. I could never get this stove to work on setting #4 due to the harmonics and sheet metal rattling like crazy since new. My mistake for not having it checked out when new but I thought it may have been normal. It wasn't that bad in the beginning and just gradually got worse. All this being said who is the fn idiot who designed a pellet stove with a plastic squirrel cage blower.

Geeeeeeesh!!!!! :mad:

What is my recorse here? My warrenty says go back to the dealer who doesn't sell these stoves anymore. Has anyone else had this issue which seems to me to be a stupendous flaw in there design.

Thanks for any help or info.

Was this a Europa made by Fireplace Products (FPI)? Or by Dell Point? You can tell by looking at the tag either under the hopper lid or on the side of the stove. Either way, I should be able to help.

Franks said:
Was this a Europa made by Fireplace Products (FPI)? Or by Dell Point? You can tell by looking at the tag either under the hopper lid or on the side of the stove. Either way, I should be able to help.

All the paperwork is Dell Point but the actual tag say's that it was manufactured by FPI.

Thanks,

Dave

Ok, so this was a unit made by Regency aka FPI. First of all, if the place you bought it from is still a Regency dealer (which I can check) They can not use the excuse of "we don't sell those anymore" as a reason not to service it. There is a huge problem with those fans. The fact that they are plastic has nothing to do with it. When Regency took over making these for Dell Point, they switched to a different shaft assembly. The fan doesn't melt from heat causing it to become off balanced, the fan wobbles on the shaft and elongates the hole, thats what causes the lopsided fan and the twisting of the blades. Tell your Regency dealer they are welcome to call Claude at Paromax who is the inventor of the stove. He will always give free advice and sell parts to Regency dealers who are having problems with these stoves, even though he did not make them. You can have the dealer contact me and I can get him in touch with Claude.

Remember, they sold you the stove, Regency as a company still warrantys the stove with parts and labor credits from 2 years of purchase. So if the dealer is listed in Regencys website as a dealer, they are bound to fix the stove with no excuses. If they don't, the next step would be contacting Regency

I called the dealer yesterday and they said they would get back to me by 5:00 P.M. that didn't happen. So today I stopped in this morning and talked to the guy behind the desk who really dinn't know anything but took my information. Once again they said he would let the owner know and call me back again. Well I am still waiting and nothing on my answering machine. I will try one more attempt tomorrow and if no response I will attempt to call regency.

Thanks for the info.
Dave

I really wish you the best of luck. Where are you located? Maybe I could try to find you some other local help. In any event, please feel free to PM me if you need anything. Glenn Beck made me say En%^&*ne

Status
Not open for further replies.