European Stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic99

Minister of Fire
Dec 13, 2006
MA, Suburb of Lowell
My wife's sister in Romania wants to convert to wood heat. Does anyone know of modern EPA equivalent companies that are available out there?

That's a tough one. I would look for Jotuls and perhaps a German or Polish stove like the Brunner Iron Dog.

http://www.brunner.eu/irondog/br-produkte-irondog-funktion.iterra?sid={D15424AE-6971-4058-B568-9EF7F14FB1B2}&pid=25C5B7C073&lid=0D36E5A486

In Bulgaria I did not see stoves we would be familiar with. I did see a Diplomat stove at a bread and breakfast we stayed at. It had a firebrick liner in a steel jacket, but looked like a pretty simple stove. There were also a lot of kachelovens and built-in stoves. Take a gander at this nice kitchen stove that I stumbled on (the web).

Attachments

• Romania_cookstove.jpg
    Romania_cookstove.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 295
That's a pretty cool kitchen set up.

I'll start my recommendation list with the iron dog. Anyone know of anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.