EV developments

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Since around 2016 there has been a concerted effort to sow distrust in science, government, etc. It peaks around election years. This is usually fostered by foreign antagonists and it's getting worse. With AI now in their toolbox it will not get better. America needs to amp up critical thinking skills, starting in grade school.

Very true! I don’t think you can blame people for being wary when they don’t know what is true and what isn’t.
I want to blame them for not putting more effort into seeking facts.

that will be an extreme challenge as they have been dumbing down the schools for years.

Go ahead, lol. They’re not going to lose sleep over it.

Reactions: EbS-P
Since around 2016 there has been a concerted effort to sow distrust in science, government, etc. It peaks around election years. This is usually fostered by foreign antagonists and it's getting worse. With AI now in their toolbox it will not get better.
Thomas Jefferson and Alexander Hamilton used misinformation against each other. They learned from what they considered to be the classics: the Romans and Greeks.

Agree, though, that AI is already making it worse, and it will get much worse yet. AI enables more believable-sounding misinformation to be more tightly tailored to specific groups, and in much larger quantity. Over the next small number of years, the internet could cease to be a useful resource for news and background information.

The problem is not AI per se - it's just a tool. The problem is how productive the tool is, and how it is used.

One person's fact is another person's propaganda. And a datum, even the hardest, most plain factual, can easily be both true and propaganda at the same time.

A study and article arguing that EV charging is not straining the grid, and load shifting is actually lowering everyone's electricity.

I charge at night. You are welcome.

A study and article arguing that EV charging is not straining the grid, and load shifting is actually lowering everyone's electricity.

I charge at night. You are welcome.
But when we get more solar we want to charge during 10am-2pm. Less need for grid storage just use our BEVs

I’ll feel better when we no longer blow neighborhood transformers the first few warm days of the year when everyone fires up their air conditioning.

I’ll feel better when we no longer blow neighborhood transformers the first few warm days of the year when everyone fires up their air conditioning.
Load scales with temperature. First hot but not blistering day sounds like neglect preventative maintenance. Which I’m sure the US is behind in.

Meanwhile……..

Tesla realizes 4680 is not going to reach the success of new LFP batteries.

I don’t doubt neglect has happened, lol. I bet most maintenance is done when something breaks.

Load scales with temperature. First hot but not blistering day sounds like neglect preventative maintenance. Which I’m sure the US is behind in.

Meanwhile……..

Tesla realizes 4680 is not going to reach the success of new LFP batteries.
TEsla is already making the previous breakthrough Shenxing SuperFast LFP in Nevada, under license. This announcement is v2 of that product. The 4680 cells will still be good for higher performance vehicles.

TEsla is already making the previous breakthrough Shenxing SuperFast LFP in Nevada, under license. This announcement is v2 of that product. The 4680 cells will still be good for higher performance vehicles.
But as far as I know the plaid is using 18650 cells. Wind if they will ever switch cells for those products. With the 4680 in the Cyber truck.