Ever hear of a Century CB00014?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BPARIS

Aug 1, 2009
NW Jersey
Hello everyone! We are new to stoves and we are kind of on a budget. We were looking at a Century CB00014 stove for our home. It is EPA certified, qualifies for the tax credit, etc.. And others reviews of Century stoves seem positive but we have found NOTHING on this stove.

Does anyone have any idea if this is a good deal or is it worth spending a little extra? What else is recomended for a sub $1000 stove EPA certified stove to heat 2000 SF?

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200393569_200393569 - Link to the stove....

Thanks!

I know Napoleon just came out with a med size stove called the independent suggested list of $1025.Fit and finish is a lot nicer.No ash pan though.They do have a better secondary burn system in my eyes. And if you buy from a dealer you have someone to fall back on if problems do occur. Good hunting.

I have a small Century that I picked up at Lowes a few years ago. It's been a good little stove and I have no complaints. I was able to increase the efficiency of it a good amount by plugging little holes between the firebricks with kaowool and adding more brick in the top of the stove. If you buy the stove I'll let you know more about what I did. It's quick and easy.

The only thing I can suggest is that you look at HD and Lowes around your house. A few weeks ago I picked up the Englander version of that stove for the same price and didn't have to pay shipping charges.

Century is made by VT castings. You may want to do a search on their warranty issues. Should your stove ever need TLC you should be informed.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.