Every little bit helps!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ailanthus

Feeling the Heat
Feb 17, 2012
Shen Valley, VA
Couldn't resist a Craigslist add for wood - free & just a few miles from home!. Someone else got there first & cleaned out the best stuff, but I still ended up with 2 trailer loads. Just norway maple & pine, but I got to try out the used Stihl 025 (love it!) I recently got, and will get to play with the maul again for awhile.
061612.jpg061612b.jpg

In my view, that's more than just a little bit. Nice grab! Looks like a good bit of BTU's piled there.

Yes it does. A little here a little there, as long as you keep at it before you Know it it's a nice size stack.

I certainly wouldnt turn that down, I like the small picks just as much as the big ones, in fact Id rather several small ones spaced out so I dont waste a whole day.

Each stack starts out with one stick. I never pass up free firewood when it's close to home.

That is larger than my average scrounge. I like Norway Maple and Pine.

Free is always a nice scrounge.
A few -; "2 trailer load scrounges" will add up pretty fast.
Best part, you had fun ;)

I've never been sorry after getting a good scrounge, but I have been sorry for the ones I passed up or missed!

Reactions: Realstone
I heard a chainsaw within earshot of my backyard today.
I began to salivate as I thought of the possibility of more free wood, close to home.
Do I have a jones?

Status
Not open for further replies.