every year

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maple man

Burning Hunk
i jest but in an englander nc 30 and i ame woundering if i should clean the interoir single wall pipe every year or is it hot enough that i dont have to bother i ame burning 2 year old seasond norway mapple

maple man said:
i jest but in an englander nc 30 and i ame woundering if i should clean the interoir single wall pipe every year or is it hot enough that i dont have to bother i ame burning 2 year old seasond norway mapple

I'd remove and clean the pipe every year. If you burn hot, and with dry wood (sounds like you are good on wood), I doubt you'll have more than a light coat of brown powder - but, should still be done. Is your pipe difficult to clean? Cheers!

Yep, clean it every year. My single wall pipe is actually dirtier than the SS pipe because of it not being sealed at the joints and leaking air in. I just actually cleaned my single wall last night and reassembled with furnace cement in the seams. In a few months we'll see if it makes a difference when I do the mid season cleaning of the whole system.

Hope you like the 30. W/ dry wood, it's a great stove.

pen

If you burn hot with good firewood the cleaning is as much for peace of mind as it is for actual cleaning, but peace of mind is important.

It's a good idea to inspect it at least,
Mine I have to go to the roof to inspect it, might as well run the brush once I'm up there.
I brush it twice a year, never been bad, but maybe because I brush it twice a year. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.