excel chimney ad

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

greythorn3

Minister of Fire
Oct 8, 2007
Alaska
wheelordie.com
so whats the deal is this ad bragging or is it standard testing among all class a? tested to 30 minuted with a chimney fire? is it safer then simpson or selkrirk?

or all marketing hype?

im always on the lookout for a safer chimney technology

looks like anything else tho

Attachments

• excelbanner.jpg
    excelbanner.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 181
No it's not just hype, it is tested to a higher standard. Lots of guys will say the minimum standard is good enough. I went with the Excel and then even took it a step further to run radiation shield the full length of the chase, used metal studs and cement board, and larger CTC.

LLigetfa said:
No it's not just hype, it is tested to a higher standard. Lots of guys will say the minimum standard is good enough. I went with the Excel and then even took it a step further to run radiation shield the full length of the chase, used metal studs and cement board, and larger CTC.

heck that sounds like a great idea for safty the cement board chase! i might steal that idea, i already been toying withthe steel studs in chase idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.