Excel Chimney Height Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joetal17

Jan 28, 2009
CT
So I'm finishing up my chimney install this week and wanted to get suggestions for chimney height. I'm using 6" Excel.

For my final piece at the top of the chimney I can use a 4 ft. foot piece for a higher chimney and I'm assuming better draw OR a 2 ft. piece which will save a little money and stick out less above the roof line but still meet requirement.

Overall chimney length is about 18 ft with a 15 and 2 30 degree elbows.

Thanks.

I just installed my 6" Excel chimney about a month ago. I have a straight run of 17' 6" of stainless Class A and about 5' of the ultra black double wall stove pipe which has 2 30 degree elbows and have an excellent draw. So much of a draw that I am considering installing a damper in the stove pipe to slow things down at times. You probably want an answer from someone who has more experience than me, but just letting you know that I have a good draw. How far above the stove are your 3 elbows? I know that the proximity of the elbows to the stove will probably be a factor.

Actually, I forgot the 45/90 degree ultrablack elbows from stove and the 90 turn in the Excel (through the wall installation).

Status
Not open for further replies.