expansion tanks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nrcrash

Apr 17, 2012
MA
I am about to purchase two 60+ gallon tanks for my 1000 gallons of storage and I've been on the cozy heat website and notices I can save about $200 if I buy them there but they are Elbi tanks where as pexsupply.com has extrols for $200 more. Has anyone bought a Elbi tank, and if so have you had any luck with them?

I bought all of my gear through Cozy Heat. I personally wouldn't worry about Elbi. It's a name that I've seen thrown around here numerous times and I haven't heard anyone complain about them.

I wish I could remember which tanks I have. They are green and huge. They may well be Elbi...

GIven the choice I'd buy from a local supplier all things being equal. And for you, buying from Cozy actually saves money. Go for it...

I ended up buying the extrols from pexsupply.com because they offered free shipping and cozy heat wanted $160 in shipping. So the extrols ended up being about $10 more per tank compared to the elbi's.

I tried buying local but they wanted WAY more $$$$ and it would have taken longer for them to get them

Did you use one of the discount codes for pexsupply thats floating around out there? You should be able to get at least 5% off your order that way... If they havent shipped it yet it might be worth calling them to get one applied.

Status
Not open for further replies.