Exterior stove temp ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff123

Jun 28, 2008
eastern,ct
I'm seeing a small crack in a seam weld of a stove, if I put a light in the stove I can see the light outside. Can I use some JBweld on the exterior seam to fill this small crack ? JPweld claims good to temps of 500 degrees.

I realize the best fix is a real weld but that might not be easy.

What temp does the exterior of the stove get up to ?

If I were you I'd just haul the stove outside and get it welded.

If you can hold a light inside the stove and see the light from outside the stove, then it's the temperature inside the stove that really matters. If it used to be welded, I'd say it needs to be re-welded. Rick

i did put the light in the stove and there's a 6 inche section where I see light outside, I'll take everyone advice and have it done correcly, new weld

thanks

JBweld will not work. Dont waste your time or money. Get it fixed right have it welded again.

Status
Not open for further replies.