f3 cb gasket ???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

argus66

Feeling the Heat
Dec 9, 2007
central coastal nj
the old f3 seems to be burning all or none lately. i put in a full load and in like 5 min I'm up to 600 + ill damper 1/2 way and nothing so i go all the way and it slows down. as soon as a push it back say 1/2 way it goes right back up to 700 +. I'm thinking its time to change the door gadget it passes the dollar test. but I'm thinking its the gasket on door really don't open the ash door much. i just peel off old one scape out glue put in new glue and then new rope and close let dry? right?

That's right. I use a small soft brass wire brush in the groove to remove any junk that may still remain or a small flat screwdriver for stubborn adhesive removal. You may as well check the glass gasket while you are at it. I don't use the ashpan, so I let it fill with ashes to reduce any ash door leaks.

ya me too,, sounds good ill give it a go. weird how it just kind of starts acting differnt.

to get door off do i just push out door pins from bottom up. can i tap them out?

My bottom pin pops out and I lift the door off with the top pin in place. The top one may come out also. Watch for the small washers.

Status
Not open for further replies.