F400 door problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dggreen

Sep 22, 2010
cape cod
Hello -
I have burning a jotul f400 for about a month now and its been the perfect fit for my home. one problem i am having is that the door doesn't close cleanly. the latch hits the housing of the stove and unless i gently lift the latch/door up a hair, the door will not close. does anyone know if there is supposed to be a washer (s) installed where the hinges slide into the holes that are attached to the housing of the stove? thanks -
dan

Do you mean the ash pan door? Or the front door? The ash pan door should have a set screw that you can check and make sure its there. If its the front door this is the first i have heard of this issue.

My Oslo has one washer on the bottom hinge pin (front door)

Woodbutcher

Woodbutcher is correct, it is suppose to have a washer on the top of the lower hinge, also make sure your hinge pins are seated all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.