F500 secondary tubes out of whack

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Tom

Jan 19, 2010
Vermont
I was looking in my stove today and noticed that my middle and front tube are sloped a bit to the right. The assembly they go into doesn't have the same upwards pitch as the one on the left. I am thinking maybe the 2 screws that hold it up there on that side are loose. I have never over fired or jammed wood into them. The stove has had about 4 months of use between this and last season.

I have noticed that my secondarys have been lacking in the middle and front. I am wondering if it has been that way since I got the stove and didn't notice.

Tomorrow when things cool off I am going in to check it out. Anyone ever hear of a problem Like this?

Its possible. They are held in by a slot in the rear and stove cemented in place. They just rest on the side then..... I would take the top off and get a tube of high temp stove cement. The top comes off with 3 bolts i think. You should be able to get at them from the front on top of the baffle. It is gasket so you wont have to reseal it.

All 3 should be even, the tubes are somewhat loose and rest in the left/right air chambers. An easy fix like you said is one of those bolts for the air chambers is "loose"
Let the stove cool off and check it out. one more question.....Is your baffle even side to side?

Woodbutcher

WOODBUTCHER said:
All 3 should be even, the tubes are somewhat loose and rest in the left/right air chambers. An easy fix like you said is one of those bolts for the air chambers is "loose"
Let the stove cool off and check it out. one more question.....Is your baffle even side to side?

Woodbutcher

I got in there a bit today. Stove was still a bit hot. Screws seemed tight. The baffle is a bit off side to side like my tubes. Maybe have to wait for summer when I can tear it apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.