F600 burn time with overnight load (pics)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BucksCounty

Feeling the Heat
Jan 11, 2009
Southeast PA
So, I decided to take pics and record times, temps, etc. with the new stove (my wife said I need more to do). Anyways, here is kind of a pic story of load times, wood used, inside temps, stove temps, outside temps, etc...

9 pm. Load stove with 4 pieces of seasoned oak and 1 box elder. Inside house temp is 72. Outside is 26.
IMG_6777.jpg

IMG_6780.jpg

IMG_6781.jpg

9:25. Close down air. Stove top is 450ish. House is 73.
IMG_6783.jpg

IMG_6784.jpg

7:00 am. Heard the heat pump come on at 6:30, and the house is set for 68. Got up and this is what I found. Raked and reloaded. Firing again.
IMG_6795.jpg

IMG_6796.jpg

IMG_6797.jpg

The temp outside temp was 13 last night. House is 36 years old, newer windows, ok insulation. House the stove heats is 2753 sq. ft. Two bedrooms were closed off.

Great pics, and nice little "night in the life" story.

Looks and sounds to me like you got a real nice set-up that is working perfectly.

Well,

Went to bed last night around 11:30 with the house at 72. Temp outside was 9. Came down this morning, temp outside was -3 and the huse was 67.

Have the first load on now (going with quick and hot) then going to load her up for the real day fire! Hearing the boiler this morning after not hearing it for two days was a bit disturbing, but I will have it shut up in a little while.

Thanks for the photos and the chronology. I did see tht it seems you shut down the stove at 450. I tend to go a little higher in that temp (5550-600) as I am heating the house from the basement.

EDIT- I meant 550' although 5550 would certainly ensure the house stays warm.- darn iPad touchpad!

Nice job including the pics in the burn cycle write up. Looking forward to getting my own F600 so I can chime in with ya! Looks like you are all quite happy with the heat output and the burn times that you are getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.