F600 Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

schortie

Nov 6, 2008
michigan
We put in a new f600 this weekend. So far so good, but I have a question. There are two plates at the back of the stove. The one on the right (when looking into the stove) is firmly in place. The plate to the left is loose and rattles and moves quite a bit. Is this an issue? Should it be as solid as the one on the right? How do I tighten it up?

If im thinking of what your describing, they act as heat shields directing heat back into the firebox for maximum secondary combustion. There SHOULD be a bolt to tighten it up (if im getting your description right).

Edit: The parts I think your talking about are parts 11 & 27 in your manual parts list (right and left burn plates).

There is a bolt in the middle plate, but there is a plate on either side of the center. They're smaller and do not have a bolt. I'm not sure what's holding the right one so firmly in place.

Hmmm drawing a blank, hard to say without seeing it. Unfortunately my fathers F600 is an hour away so I cant take a peek. Hopefully some of the Firelight owners will be able to answer this one.

It looks like both plates lift out easily. I'm assuming for cleaning etc. One is sitting in there snugly. I'm ae ssuming it's not a major issue, I'm just a compulsive worrier.

schortie said:
It looks like both plates lift out easily. I'm assuming for cleaning etc. One is sitting in there snugly. I'm ae ssuming it's not a major issue, I'm just a compulsive worrier.
Yah, If you just bought it though, you dont want it to be less than perfect. There's got to be a way it tightens, especially if its removable for cleaning. I'd keep playing around with it, check your manual, or call the dealer/Jotul.

Status
Not open for further replies.