Factory insulation (maybe Kaowool) inside my T4 ...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Creature

Jul 18, 2009
Vancouver, Canada
I was exploring how my baffle might be removed when I saw and felt some insulation inside the stove. That was a surprise! I didn't expect that there would be anything in there but steel and iron, but there is. Seems to go from just above the bricks on the sides of the stove to the baffle. I have pictures at home, so if anyone wants me to post them I'll do that when I get back there tonight.

Just an observance, not a concern. I figure it must be Kaowool.

Stove pipe is in! Inspection and insurance confirmation is next .... then I'll post my install.

Yes, it's a thick ceramic fiber material that seals the sides of the baffle. Could be kaowool.

Yea-- looks a little out of place in there . I just installed a T5 and been running for the past weekend . so far so good You will be happy with your stove!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.